Monday, April 21, 2014

You eat WHAT???

Paleolithic Diet:  The original human diet.  Think hunter/gatherer.  What can you grow, pick, eat?  What can you kill, cook, eat?  It's not a "diet", it's a way of life, it's HOW you eat on a regular basis.  It is not short-term.  It becomes who you are.

The basics, and I mean basics:

  • No grains.
  • No legumes.
  • No refined sugar.
  • No dairy.
  • No processed foods.


What it means for us:

  • No grains in our everyday diet.
  • No legumes in our everyday diet.
  • No refined sugar, except on very, very limited special occasions.
  • Extremely limited processed foods.
  • Full-fat dairy in moderation.


What do we eat?

  •  Meat: beef, pork, chicken, turkey, etc. And it's a lot of meat.  Do you know how much meat it takes to feed all these kids???  
  • Vegetables, fresh and frozen.
  • Fruit, fresh and frozen.
  • Nuts and seeds. (For those able to.)
  • Paleo baked goods, because if I didn't they'd all revolt!! 

There are many places to find more details on what a paleo diet looks like, how to implement it and the WHY's behind it.  I have been learning a lot over the past few weeks and I will share that with you.  If you are interested in learning more or reading some of the material I have read, let me point you in that direction:

www.thepaleomom.com  (Dr. Sarah Ballantyne is a WEALTH of information.  I'm currently reading here book, The Paleo Approach. This is a MUST for anyone dealing with autoimmune issues.)
robbwolf.com (Robb traded his lab coat in to help people get healthy.  I enjoyed his book The Paleo Solution very much. His humor is great!)
thepaleodiet.com (Dr. Loren Cordain, the founder of the paleo movement, Robb's mentor, the KING of paleo.  His studies are incredible!! The first book I read was The Paleo Diet and I don't regret it!)

I will be creating a resource list as this blog goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment