Monday, April 28, 2014

Spaghetti Squash...another HIT!

This is my 2nd time making spaghetti squash in place of traditional pasta.  I heard shouts of "yahoo" from everyone in the group except one.  (More on that later.)

One thing I have found with converting the boys to a paleo diet, is that the more they pick out the food or help in the kitchen the more apt they are to eat it and enjoy it.  I let them go through my cookbooks and pick out future dinner or snack options.  I also am trying to teach them more and more about cooking and baking with different ingredients.  Like previously mentioned, I'm hoping that these food choices and cooking skills will go with them through adulthood.  I have always included my kids in the kitchen, but I have found that I'm including them more and more lately.  It could be partly to the extra food prep involved, or partly due to my desire to make sure they are actively involved.  Either way, it's working!!

Ethan is my champion beef browner!  Every time I have meat that needs to be browned, I call on Ethan.

I have mentioned before that I do still buy some processed foods.  Just not refined carbs.  I've selective and I read labels methodically.  We have used this sauce twice now and everyone loves it!  All natural ingredients and no sugar.


Once the squash was done, I enlisted Christian...actually he offered and I accepted...to shred the "spaghetti".  


The finished product is YUM!!!


Unless you're Justin:

Certainly not his favorite, but he still ate lots of meat sauce.  






No comments:

Post a Comment