Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Teacher Treats!! Teacher Appreciation Week

I've been spoiling my kids' teachers for years with baked goods and treats.  It's the least I can do.  They invest sooooo much I to the lives of my kids.  I homeschooled for nearly 20 years, and it broke my heart to pack up my last four babies and send them to school.  But I will say, these ladies (and men!) are the closest thing I could ever get to "me".  They love my kids and truly minister to them in every area of their life.  They make very little as a salary.  They do this out of love and dedication.  That means more to me than anything!!

This year (and last) each of my kids' teachers received a hanging plant for Teacher Appreciation Week.  It is a nice send off for the summer and they can think about my beautiful monsters all summer long when they look at it.  ;)  They can also be reminded which one they will have next!!

This has been a memorable school year for us in many ways.  We have two graduations this year.  James will graduate from Olathe Northwest High School in Kansas in a couple weeks.  And Christian will graduate from 8th grade here at KTA the following week.  Both boys are growing into tremendous young men, with lofty goals for the future.  I'm proud of all their accomplishments.  James went off 3 years ago to live with my mom and gain new life experiences.  He went from home to a large public high school.  He had a rocky start, but he overcame those struggles and will march down that aisle with his class!  He has come so far and I couldn't be prouder of all that he has done in these 3 short years.   I'm so thankful for my other's willingness to open her home to James.  She has worked tirelessly with the school to make sure James was given opportunities and success.  I will forever be grateful for all she has done.  To add to the excitement, Christian was the recipient of the Kiwanis Award for Academic Excellence yesterday. This is a great achievement!!!  Yesterday we were also informed that he will be graduating at the top of his class!  This is a beyond "proud mama moment"!!  I know Christian is a smart kid, hard worker and excels in other areas of leadership and responsibility.  It is always thrilling to see your hard work pay off in parenting and discipline in these tangible ways.  But there are women in Christian's life besides me that have contributed to his success.  Joann Meyers, who sat and cried with me more than once over my kiddos, and encouraged Christian to keep going even when he wanted to chuck it all.  She has been a rock for me the past 3 years.  Louise Soucie, who has continued to push Christian in his spiritual life and leadership in his class.  Carole Bray, who came alongside and gave Christian wings with his responsibility.  Lindsay Dorris, who has challenged him in more ways than one to keep his focus and strive to do better.  Ashley Goad, who gave him a stronger love of history.  I am continually thankful for Pastor Brad, Christine Rozak and the staff of KTA, for taking my children in, bathing them in prayer and helping me complete this job of raising them.  I cannot express enough appreciation to them!







In addition to the flowers, each teacher also received a container of "Paleo Crunch". I've heard this referenced as "Paleo Crack" because it is so addictive and you can't stop eating it.  While I was making this, I literally burned my fingers and tongue because I kept wanting to eat it!!  I have never been a granola fan.  Oats and nuts, yuck.  But there is something about this that has that "yum factor" and I'm a fan!!



You can find the recipe here: Paleo Crunch 
I am working to make this nut-free for my tree nut allergy kids.  I will post again when I have success! 

Again, thank you to all the wonderful teachers in my children's lives.  You all mean the world to me!





No comments:

Post a Comment