Monday, May 5, 2014

Cinco de Mayo - Taco Night!

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!

We love tacos.  We have them probably once a week.  I've been in a frustration mode over tortillas though.  I've made them from scratch several times, but I'm just not happy with the results.

Tonight, I decided to make "Taco Boats" instead.

All you need is a package on Romaine lettuce.  Break them leaves off and viola! Boats!!


Add taco meat.  Tonight we used ground beef, but I've also used turkey.  I make my own taco seasoning do there is no "junk" in it.  


Add toppings!!!  We use full fat cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, etc.  I will often whip up some homemade salsa or guacamole in the Ninja or food processor.  Yum!!!

Everybody loved the "boats" and wanted more.  I guess I need to increase, yet again, how much taco meat I make!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment