Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Spring = Grilling!!!

I'm so glad we are finally seeing consistent nice weather!!!  The kids can get outside and out of my hair, and we can fire up the grill every night of the week!!  We grill year-round, but with 3' of snow on the patio for most of the winter, it just wasn't happening a lot. One of our goals this summer is to hook up our grill to our natural gas line.  Once that happens, our patio will definitely be an extension of our kitchen!  I cannot wait!!  No more propane tanks!!!!!

You must understand, you can grill anything!!!  I marinate roasts and cook them on the grill!  Veggies, fruit, mushrooms, meat, meat and more meat!!  Yum!!!!!!

Last night, I made a simple dry rub out of spices and put it on some thick cut boneless pork chops.  While those were grilling, I tossed some olive oil, salt and pepper onto fresh green beans and threw them in the oven.  Then I fried up some bacon, mixed it with cream cheese and diced onion and stuffed mushrooms and put those on the grill.  Dinner was ready in no time!  All healthy fats and delicious!

I also tried my hand at some homemade paleo dinner rolls.  They didn't turn out quite like I expected them to.  Those will be a do-over, but they weren't horrible.


In general, cooking healthy, without grains, for your family doesn't have to take a lot of extra time.  This meal, minus the rolls, was ready in about 45 minutes.  Helps to have a great guy, willing to grill for you!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment