Sunday, May 25, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend - Part One

Today we cooked out with some of the kids.  Andrew and his girlfriend, Aly, came over to help us chow down!

One way I feed many is by watching meat sales, butcher specials, etc.  Several weeks ago I found this wonderful large turkey breast on sale for $8!! I snagged that and threw it in the freezer.  I'd been waiting for a time we could grill it because I knew it would be fabulous on the grill.  Today was the day!!

I had everyone busy helping me in the kitchen today.  Truly a family affair!  These are some of my favorite moments as a mom.  I'm thankful I have a large kitchen (though I wish it was bigger) and we can all be in there together.  Besides grilled turkey, we also had a veggie try, fruit salad, roasted fresh green beans, creamy cucumbers (see Mother's Day post) and salad.  Just in case, and for leftovers, I threw some turkey burgers on the grill as well.

Here are the boys helping prep food:
Ethan snapping green beans.

Justin scooping cantaloupe seeds. 

Dawson making watermelon balls.

Matthew cutting cucumbers.



I made Magic Mushroom Powder, courtesy of Nom-Nom Paleo and used it to season the turkey before grilling.  This made the crispy outside devine!!
Turkey breast with Magic Mushroom Powder.

Yumm-o!!

Andrew cutting our bird!






A wonderfully delicious meal for all!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That really looks good and healthy. Just the way we are meant to eat!

    ReplyDelete