Saturday, May 10, 2014

Chunky Monkey Muffins....my kids' favorite treat!!

Today was Jessica's birthday, so I made the whole family's favorite treat....Chunky Monkey Muffins!!!!

Mine aren't as "chunky" as they could be because I don't add walnuts to them due to our kiddos with tree nut allergies.  I haven't found anyone yet who isn't a fan of these.  Today I made a double batch!!

Chunky Monkey Muffins

1/2 c. Coconut flour
1/2 c. Tapioca flour (or you can sub Arrowroot, I've done both)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 c. Butter, melter (if you are dairy free, you can sub palm shortening)
1/2 c. Coconut sugar 
1 cup bananas, mashed
1 tsp vanilla
4 eggs
1/2 c. Enjoy Life mini chips
1/2 c. Walnuts, chopped

Preheat oven to 350*.  Line muffin cups with liners.

Sift together coconut, tapioca and baking soda.  
In food processor, mash your banana.  Add butter, sugar, vanilla, eggs and blend well. 
Add the flour mixture to you wet ingredients, mix well.
Fold in chips and walnuts, if desired.
Pour into muffin cups.  I use a Pampered Chef cookie scoop for mine. 
Bake for about 20 minutes, until puffed up and golden brown.  

No comments:

Post a Comment