Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Brownies!!!


They are AMAZING!!!!!!

Everyone unanimously agreed, these are a keeper!  It only took me three tries to find a good brownie recipe. I'm more limited than most, as I cannot use nut flours for general baking.  Christian and Justin both have tree nut allergies, so if I want them to be able to eat something I have to be sure it is nut free.  Nut flours are more conducive to baking.

This recipe is from Paleo Indulgences.  

Decadent Brownies
Step 1
2 oz. dark chocolate, chopped
3 TBS full-fat coconut milk
1/4 c. Unsweetened cocoa powder
3 TBS coconut oil, melted

Step 2
3 TBS arrowroot starch, may sub tapioca
1/4 c. Coconut flour, sifted
1/4 tsp baking soda
Pinch of sea salt

Step 3
1/2 c. pure maple syrup
1/4 c. olive oil
2 eggs, whisked
1/4 c. canned pumpkin

Preheat oven to 350*.

Place all the Step 1 ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat until melted.  Remove from heat.

Place all the Step 2 ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.

Add the Step 1 chocolate mixture and all the Step 3 wet ingredients to the Step 2 dry ingredients.  Blend well with a hand mixer.  (I used my KitchenAid.)

Pour batter into a greased 8x8 glass baking dish. Bake 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Cool completely on a wife rack.  Cut brownies into squares  and enjoy!

Store leftovers (ha!) in an airtight container up to 2 days or freeze up to 3 months.


I think she is nuts.  There aren't any leftovers!!

2 comments:

  1. YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If only I'd seen this before I went to the store! No canned pumpkin in the house!
    Looks amazing, Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite brownie recipe so far too. Libby even made them for my birthday last year. :-)

    ReplyDelete