Saturday, May 10, 2014

Flourless Muffins

Recently, on a paleo Facebook page, a gal posted pics of her baking day.  She had these nice, large, golden, muffins.  I was jealous.  Sure, my chunky monkey muffins are amazing. And my honey muffins taste like pound cake.  But I really want muffins that puff up and crack on the top.

She gladly shared her recipe with the group.  I just had to make them right away!!

I made two different kinds.  One per her instructions and another nut free.  I love the way they turned out, but they didn't give me the taste I had hoped for.  The one per her instructions were better than the nut free version.  I will definitely make them again, but I might have to alter the nut free version.











Basic Flourless Muffins

1 c. Almond Butter (you can sub other nut butters, for nut free, I used sun butter)
2 eggs
2 TBS raw honey
1-2 bananas (I used one)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp baking soda

Mix all ingredients in a food processor. Fold in dried fruit, nuts or carob nibs. 
Spoon into muffin cups.
Bake 375* for 15-25minutes

I used chopped almonds and dried cranberries in the ones with almond butter.  I put cacao nibs in the ones with sun butter.  Good but need some tweaking.  

No comments:

Post a Comment